STAYNG MOTIVATED AND KEEPING ORGANISED

24 December 2014

 photo IMG_5488_zpsbru0fr7x.png
7 days till 2015. I AM NOT READY! Can we all just for one second try and take that in. Has this year not flown by so fast? I don't know about you, but as the year is coming to an end, my mind is slowly shutting down and I just no longer have that drive to get things done. I like to think of myself as an organised person, well kinda hahaha but I do have my moments were I just live off last minute work, all nighters and stress.. It's a dirty habit that I am starting to slowly work on and so I thought I would share with you all a few tips I have taken up on myself to help me stay motivated and keep organised.

Attitude
Whether it be with your job, school projects or just life in general, we have those times were we start to question our own ability to complete/achieve things. We let our emotions get the better of us and this starts to have a toll on the way we carry out our tasks. I have learnt that there is no such thing as failing. It is okay to mess up from time to time, to get things wrong. It is through failure that we truly learn. Changing your mind-set and attitude and allowing yourself to see things in a more positive perspective will help a great deal more with dealing with things that come at you in life. Get yourself in the mood to study. Don't look at it as a chore or something you have to do but something that with great work and patience will be something you can reward yourself with in the long run. You are doing this for you and that is the main thing you have to remember. What you give is what you get. 
Planning
 Plan, plan plan. I can't stress how important this is! Plan out your day, how many hours to spend on each project and of course allow room for some rest. Don't let projects build up to the point where you feel you're about to rip your hair out (been there, done that ahaha) So plan out your tasks responsibly. Don't be setting yourself tasks that are unrealistic. This will help keep you organised and allows you to be more productive. Gradually you will move down the list you have made and start completing each task one by one without the fear of having left one out or being short of time. 
Work zone 
Now if you're like me, I can't work without music. With the right tracks chosen it gets me pumped up and in a better mood to actually put my head down and get some work done. So make yourself a 'work' playlist. Another tip that I found that has helped me concentrate more whilst studying is a cleaner room! ahaha. I can't work in a space that is messy. Once I clean my room and organise it, I find that I am able to concentrate more and the clutter doesn't distract me. Another tip is to keep your phone on silent. Get in the habit of not checking your phone every 10 mins. Put it out of sight.  
Finally make sure that the environment you're working in is a space you actually like! As an interior design student, I spend most of my time at a table. Sketching, drafting, planning. The list is never ending. So have things around you that will motivate/inspire you to work. Perhaps inspiration boards, prints, typos? Also how about changing the stationary you use. Invest in stationary that is appealing to you, which you look forward to and enjoy to use while working/studying. 

What do you do to keep yourself motivated and organised? 

Hope you're all enjoying the holidays and have a lovely Xmas <3 xo 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© A.M.B INTERIORS. Design by Fearne.