PACKING FOR VENICE

19 November 2014



Say waaaaaaaaaaat. I am finally off to Venice today! Ever since I can remember I have forever dreamt about flying out to Italy especially Venice! There is just something about this city that is to die for. Its beautiful culture, architecture and art will forever have me in awe. Coming from a country which is surrounded by not only Italian history and ruins but also the similarities we have within our speech and food, I can't help but feel a slight connection with the Italian vibe. Honestly, I can't wait to get lost in this city, dabble with the locals in my broken Italian, eat some gelato and get my gondolier to sing to me as he rows me through the canals of this enchanting island.


FYI, this is the first city that I have ever brought a guidebook for! And I mean EVER! I usually just like to get there and see where my feet will take me, but I opted this time for a guidebook, as I want to make the most out of this trip and literally do EREEYTHAANNGGG.
As it's only a short stay (3 days) I'm packing lightly and taking the necessities with me. Change of clothes, comfortable shoes, DSLR and my sketching pad and pencils..ohhh not to forget my Dr. Dre Beats to drown out any noises on the plane. (Will most definitely have Drake's new tracks blasting out of them) If you haven't already checked them out, make sure to do so!

TOP TIP, chew gum whilst the plane is taking off and landing will help with "airplane ear". I hate that feeling when your ears block and so I always make sure to pop 2 chewing gums in my mouth as soon as the plane takes off. Another tip for the flight, I would recommend carrying with you a face mist or moisturising cream (less than 100ml), to give you that extra moisture, as your skin seems to get dryer whilst in the air. I don't always do this, but at times if I feel my skin getting dry, I'll give myself a little pamper, just to wake my skin up and replenish it before arriving at my destination.
Hand sanitising wipes or gel I feel is a must have in any carry on. The ones you get on the plane are usually dry, so I like to keep these badboys with me where ever I go just to freshen up.

Don't forget to follow me on my instagram page to see what I get up to in Venice!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© A.M.B INTERIORS. Design by Fearne.